Bibliography of British and Irish History (BBIH)
Royal Historical Society in association with the Institute of Historical Research and Brepols Publishers
Since 1 January 2010 the Royal Historical Society Bibliography on British History has been rebranded as the Bibliography of British and Irish History, the product of a partnership between the Society, the Institute of Historical Research, and the publisher Brepols. The move to a subscription service secures the future of the Bibliography, while enhancing the quality of the resource.
Features of the Bibliography:
• a database of over 534,000 records, by far the most complete online bibliographical resource on British and Irish history, including relations with the empire and Commonwealth;
• an essential resource for those drawing up bibliographies in British and Irish history for any purpose from writing undergraduate essays to preparation of course syllabi and advanced research;
• includes books, articles in journals, articles in collective volumes, and review articles;
• covers British and Irish history from the earliest periods for which written evidence survives to the present;
• near-comprehensive coverage of works published since 1900, and select earlier works;
• updated three times a year, with at least 10,000 records added per annum;
• searching by author, title, and date of publication for all records;
• use of standardised hierarchical subject and place indexes for post-1992 publications;
• Cross-searchability with Oxford Dictionary of National Biography and National Register of Archives;
• Links to library catalogues, google books, selected on-line book reviews, and full text versions of articles.
• New features include enhanced searching speeds, greater visibility for the subject and place hierarchies, an auto-complete function, an auto record count per search field, a multilingual interface, and extended export possibilities (including Zotero, Refworks and EndNote)
You can now stay up to date by saving searches on topics of interest to you: each time BBIH is updated, if there are any new records that match your searches, you will receive an email with a link to them.
For more information about BBIH
The service may be trialled. Librarians may request a 30-day free trial by contacting Brepols Publishers: Brepols Publishers, Begijnhof 67, B-2300 Turnhout, Belgium.
Tel.: +32 (14) 44 80 34; Fax: +32 (14) 42 89 19; firstname.lastname@example.org; www.brepolis.net . Trial access can be provided through IP address(es) or password.
For more subscription and general information, contact Brepols Publishers at the address above or use the links below.
Existing subscribers to the new service may go directly to the BBIH by visiting http://www.brepolis.net and clicking on 'Enter databases'.
Suggestions for entries on the BBIH may be forwarded to the Editors for consideration using the form available at the following link:
You may contact the BBIH Editors at:
The Editor, BBIH, IHR Digital, Institute of Historical Research, Senate House, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HU, or email email@example.com